Reinstall Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable
The file Msvcr80.dll is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable. The best Msvcr80.dll error fix is to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable.
- Move your cursor at the extreme left side of the Taskbar.
- Right click the Start Screen icon, select Control Panel.
- Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
- Right click Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable, select "Uninstall/ Remove" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then restart your system.
- Download the program again from Microsoft Answers.
Reinstall all Apple Software
Uninstall and reinstall all Apple software in the same manner as it is told in above paragraph. Here is the list of software that you will need to uninstall and reinstall.
- Apple Application Support
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Bonjour Print Services
Caution: It is highly recommended to scan the above files before running. We cannot be held responsible for any loss/ damage caused by files downloaded from third party website(s).
Check for Apple software updates with the help of Apple Software Update tool as below:
- Press the Windows key.
- In the Search Box, type "Apple Software Update" and click the Apps icon.
- The update check-up tool will open and starts the scan process automatically.
- A list box will appear containing list of all available updates. Check-up all the boxes and then click "Install" button.
Run System File Checker
This utility is used to scan and repair all corrupt system files. Problematic system files cause your computer to show iTunes Msvcr80.dll error. Run System File Checker and fix all corrupt system files as shown below:
- Insert Windows installation disc.
- Move your cursor at the bottom left side of the Taskbar.
- Right click the Start Screen icon.
- Select "Command Prompt (Admin)".
- Type the following command:
- As soon as the process finishes, type "EXIT" (without quotes) and press ENTER.
Fix All System Errors
System errors consist of wrong entries in the Registry. The data in your Registry can be incomplete or incorrect. You’ll require scanning and repairing all this data as Msvcr80.dll error fix.
- Download, install and run Reginout System Utilities application.
- Start full Registry scan.
- Fix all errors detected in the system Registry.
Download the File
Download the missing file from the Internet and move it to the appropriate directory.
- Connect to the Internet and download msvcr80.dll file.
- Open the zip file.
- Extract all of its contents in a temporary folder.
- Move the msvcr80.dll file to following directory:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (In case of 64 bit edition of Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP)
C:\Windows\System32 (In case of 32 bit edition of Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP)
Caution: Download the file at YOUR own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any loss/ harm caused by files downloaded from third party websites. It is strongly recommended to scan the file before opening.
Re-register the DLL File
Each DLL file is registered in the Windows Registry. The Registry contains application data. iTunes Msvcr80.dll error fix is to re-register the DLL file.
- Press the Windows Key.
- Type "Command Prompt" in the Search Box.
- Click the Apps icon.
- Right click "Command Prompt" in the Search Box.
- Click "Run as administrator" icon.
- Type the following command-
A few minutes can save you tons of frustration.
On a Windows 7 (6.1.7601) 32-bit system, Microsoft Word 2010 experienced astounding 55% increase in startup load time after using Reginout in the test we ran. *
Transcoding and Video playback experienced more than 100% speed gains when using Reginout.*
"I have RegInOut installed in my computer and i am very impressed"
"It worked Thank you very much."
"Reginout is such a great program. I use it constantly to keep my computer in order, and consider it essential."
I sent an email to RegInOut support on Christmas day and on the 26th, I recieved a new key and the program now swims along doing all it is supposed to do.
That is how support is supposed to work!
I heartily recommend RegInOut.