How Come Windows 8 is Running So Slow?
Windows 8 repeatedly runs slower. It causes disturbances in your tasks. The programs take a longer time to respond and freeze a lot. In this article, we’ll help you make Windows 8 run faster.
- 1. Optimize your Drives
- 2. Optimize Start-ups
- 3. Optimize Registry
- 4. Disable Search Indexing
- 5. Upgrade your Hardware
Optimize your Drives
- 1. Click the Start button on your Taskbar..
- 2. Start screen shall appear..
- 3. Move your cursor on the right hand side and focus on the Search box..
- 4. Type Defragment in the Search box..
- 5. Click Apps icon..
- 6. Click Optimize Drives from the Search Results..
- 7. Optimize Drives shall open..
- 8. Select all the drives you would like to defrag and click Optimize button. So far as the defragmentation process is concerned, it’s better to exclude any USB Flash Drive you have connected.
- 9. Let the process finish. It may take an hour or more depending on the actual fragmentation and disk size.
After installing Windows 8 you might have installed several programs. These programs make themselves run automatically at the start-up interval. Allow minimal programs to run and optimize the start-up.
- 1. Right click the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- 2. Task Manager shall open.
- 3. Click the More Details link at the bottom left side.
- 4. The Task Manager shall now open with extended view.
- 5. Click the Start-up tab.
- 6. Disable unwanted start-up items one by one. Right click an item, select Disable option.
- 7. Click the Services tab and stop any unwanted services.
- 8. Close Task Manager when you’re done.
The registry gets fragmented due to constant interactions by programs and Windows. This fragmented portion makes it hard for Windows 8 to retrieve data smoothly and the process takes a longer time than usual. Optimizing the registry can fix slowed Windows 8 problem. Here’s how to deal with your particular problem:
- 1. Download and install RegInOut Registry Defrag program.
- 2. Click on the Start button.
- 3. The Start Screen shall appear.
- 4. Click the All Apps icon at the bottom of your screen.
- 5. Click RegInOut System Utilities from the Apps list.
- 6. RegInOut System Utilities shall open.
- 7. Click the Defragmenter tab.
- 8. Click the Analyze button. The process may take some time.
- 9. After finishing the process, click the Defragment button.
Disable Search Indexing
Windows Search Indexing is a service that scans and updates locations of all the files from specified drives. When you make new files, copy or move the existing, their records are updated for high speed search process. Windows 8 can run slow due to scan and update process conducted by Windows Search Indexing. Disabling this service can help fix the problem.
- 1. Click the Start button.
- 2. The Start Screen shall appear.
- 3. Click and focus on the Search textbox located at the right hand side of the Start Screen.
- 4. Type Services.msc in the Search box.
- 5. Click the Apps icon.
- 6. Click Services.msc from the Search Results.
- 7. Scroll down the window to get Windows Search.
- 8. Right click it and select Properties.
- 9. In the new Windows Search Properties dialog, select Start-up Type as Disabled.
- 10. Click Apply | OK. Alternatively, you may launch the Task Manager and stop the service called WSearch.
Upgrade your Hardware
If you still experienced slowed Windows 8 performance it’s time to upgrade your PC. You might have old hardware such as processor, RAM and insufficient hard disk drive. Download Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, determine what type of additional hardware or software you need to have and act accordingly.
- 1. Visit Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant download page at Microsoft.
- 2. Click the blue colour button Download Upgrade Assistant.
- 3. Select the download location preferably your Desktop.
- 4. Let the download finish.
- 5. Run the tool and let it determine issues with current system specifications.
- 6. Upgrade your hardware and software accordingly.
"I have RegInOut installed in my computer and i am very impressed"
"It worked Thank you very much."
"Reginout is such a great program. I use it constantly to keep my computer in order, and consider it essential."